Labor Day (which was just about perfect if you happened to look outside) took a small bite out of the week, but I'm making the 'bite' even bigger to keep everyone in sync. Every section has a different schedule so read carefully.
- 9/3, M – no class (Labor Day)
- 9/4, Tu – no class (see Mon)
- 9/5, W – 3:10-4:30, Learning Activity #3: Lewis structures, bond angles & distances (Sorrell 2.1, 2.2b, 2.5 p51-53)
- 9/6, Th – 10:30-11:50, Learning Activity #3 (see Wed)
- 9/3, M – no lab (Labor Day)
- 9/4, Tu – Shortened period. Meet in computer lab, C203, at 1:30. You will be working with electrostatic potential maps in Spartan and intermolecular interactions in Odyssey (the handout will be made available in lab). You should be able to finish in about one hour.
- 9/6, Th – see Tu for time and content
- 9/7, F – Full lab day. Meet in computer lab, C203, at 1:10 (same activity as Tu/Th, but note earlier starting time). After modeling, go into C209 and perform Structure-Solubility Relationships in Alcohols. Bring a prepared lab notebook to lab – we will evaluate notebooks before we attempt the 'wet' experiment (see Keeping a Notebook for more information).
- Links for Spartan10 models
Looking ahead: Normal schedule resumes the following week. M, Tu, Th labs will perform the same 'wet' experiment as the 9/7, F lab. M lab will also perform the molecular modeling, but Tu & Th will not because they will have completed it already.
Looking even farther ahead: New experiments will start on F until Fall Break. After the Break, new experiments will start on M.