Dr. Chatterjee will be joining the Reed chemistry department later this month as a visiting assistant professor of chemistry. He did his undergraduate work in materials chemistry at the University of Kolkata in India before moving to the City University of New York to do his graduate work in physical biochemistry. He has extensive experience in spectroscopy and NMR, and has worked on a range of projects including DNA dynamics and NMR analysis of plant tissue. He’ll be teaching Chemistry 102 with Arthur Glasfeld this Spring, and then next year he’ll be replacing Kelly Chacón, who will be on sabbatical.
- jfry : To all alumni coming into town for the memorial: Rhiana Meade ('13) is planning an alumni get-together for Saturday evening, 11/15 at 6 pm at... – Read more.
- Jordan Katz : Maggie was a wonderful teacher and mentor and I am so sad to hear that she passed. With all her energy and her positive attitude,... – Read more.
- Melissa Melby : I am sad that I never got to work with Maggie, as I graduated in 1992. But it sounds like she has changed the Chemistry... – Read more.
- Molly King : Thank you for this beautiful article. I had the pleasure of having Maggie for Intro Chem back in 2005. She was a marvelous teacher and... – Read more.
- Rebecca Braslau : I'm truly saddened to read of the passing of this remarkable person, who happened to also be an amazing chemist, teacher, mother, wife, and much... – Read more.
- Jennifer Ryan : What a beautiful tribute. Thank you for taking the time to capture her spirit in words. I went to high school with Maggie and I... – Read more.