I know what Rejali did last summer, Oz Edition

I just received this email from my colleague Darius Rejali (posted with his permission):

Mudgee the Koala and I posed for pictures – or in the Persian Khers and Khersak (Bear and little bear). Mudgee didn’t mind being pet but wanted to munch her Eucalyptus leaves. She was generally accommodating but didn’t want to hug.

The Cockatoo I have named Ellen – after DeGeneres – and I had an interesting conversation and Little Joey the Kangaroo and I had a stare down in the Yard as well.

Lastly on the cook’s river, I hung out with an elusive Japanese being who was like me visiting.

And yes, before you say it, the resemblance between me and the Koala has also been noted. In fact, the Koala Keeper said, as I stepped up, you do realize you look the same?

Thus the imagined poll:  Darius – Wombat or Koala or Totoro?  Herbivorous nocturnal burrower OR daytime eucalyptus tree climber or small elusive tree spirit? (Paul Gronke – don’t you wish this was the simplest poll you had to do for this election season?)

Why do colleagues send us these kinds of things when they are on sabbatical?  I think I may have to figure out how to implement said poll!

This entry was posted in Faculty. Bookmark the permalink.