Student volunteers for AFLA 24

aflaDear Linguistics Students,

This semester Reed is co-hosting a linguistics conference with the University of Washington: the 24th meeting of the Austronesian Formal Linguistics Association (AFLA 24). The conference will take place on the UW campus in Seattle, April 7-9, 2017. Information about the conference can be found at the following website:

https://lingconf.com/afla24/

I am currently looking for 2 or 3 student volunteers who would be interested in accompanying me to Seattle to work as on-site volunteers. Volunteers will help staff the registration table, run errands, etc., during the weekend of the conference. I may also ask volunteers to help me in advance of the conference with small tasks like photocopying and assembling registration packets. In exchange for helping out, you will be allowed to attend the conference talks and events without having to pay the registration fee.

Volunteers would need to commit to being on site for the duration of the conference: from 8:00 AM Friday (April 7th) until mid-afternoon on Sunday (April 9th). The college and the Linguistics Department would pay for your travel to Seattle (train ticket, or gas money if you prefer to drive). For those who do not already have accommodations options in Seattle, I will also arrange crash space with a UW graduate student — or, if crash space is unavailable, I can pay for a shared hotel room near the university. Reimbursement for meals can also be arranged.

Please email me as soon as possible if you are interested in volunteering! My address is: pearsonm@reed.edu.

Thanks,
Matt Pearson

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.