Research Technician Position
START DATE: Summer 2017
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW: We are seeking a full time Research Technician to assist with all aspects of our cognitive neuroscience and psycholinguistic research. Our lab is interested in where and when the brain is activated during language processing. For more information about what we do, see: http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/kuperberglab/. The responsibilities of this position are very varied and involve the coordination of all aspects of research projects, including collecting and analyzing neuroimaging (fMRI, MEG, ERP) data, statistical analysis, scientific manuscript writing, and maintaining the day-to-day operations of the lab.
In addition to the intellectual reward, the position would give the holder experience of research in cognitive neuroscience, experimental psychology, psycholinguistics, clinical applications, as well as database and program management. This is an ideal research opportunity for someone bound for graduate school in cognitive neuroscience, cognitive science, psycholinguistics or cognitive psychology. Our lab has sites at both Tufts University (Medford, MA) and the Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging (Charlestown, MA), both of which are easily accessible from Boston, MA.
(1) B.A., B.Sc. degree in Experimental Psychology, Linguistics, Computer Science, or a closely related field
(2) Strong interest in how language is processed in the brain.
(3) Very strong quantitative and analytic skills.
(4) Some research experience with statistics and familiarity with statistical analysis software such as SPSS or R.
(5) Strong computational skills and some programming experience (e.g. Python, R, MATLAB) and familiarity with Linux/Unix environments and bash/shell scripting.
(6) Very strong organizational skills: Must be self-motivated, resourceful, very organized, able to multi-task and prioritize.
(7) Ability to work well in teams, with strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
(8) A two-year time commitment is requested.
OTHER: Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Massachusetts General Hospital is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Full-time employees receive full benefits.
Please apply through mghcareers.org, and search for job number 3033668 (Research Technician I).
Research Assistant, NeuroCognition Lab
Tufts University and the Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging