Meet Your New Bloggers: Danielle

Hey y’all,

I am Danielle Juncal, an English Literature major and Class of 2015, and I will be one of the new voices on the Residence Life blog! Since I’m going to be around for a while, I want to introduce myself. I am a second-year Housing Advisor in the Residence Halls, and I will be working in Old Dorm Block – Westport I & III during the 2013-2014 year. Housing Advisors (HAs) host fun events and act as an excellent resource for questions about academics, campus life, and Portland in general. I love getting to know my residents and  kicking back in the common rooms.

For fun, I love exploring around Portland, especially when it involves filling my belly with all of the culinary treats that the City of Roses has to offer. To balance my appetite, I stay active by running around the Reed College canyon and through the beautiful Eastmoreland neighborhood. My other hobbies include playing my ukulele, brewing and drinking tea, and (in the spirit of Reed) reading lots of books.

Hey! It's me, Danielle, and I'm hanging out in the KRRC student radio station.

Hey! It’s me, Danielle, and I’m hanging out in the KRRC student radio station.

This year, I consider myself to be an active member of the Reed community. I work on the Reed College Creative Review, the college’s student-run literary and arts magazine, and I spend  my free time in the KRRC station during my radio show. Currently, I am running for student body Senate because it’s a great way to stay involved in and voice opinions about student body affairs. As you can see, Reed provides lots of opportunities for students to build commitments outside of the classroom, and the list of student organizations goes on and on.

I’m really looking forward to posting on the blog this year. Let me know if you have any questions or comments, and I hope you’ll stop by the blog sometime in the future!

Cheers,

Danielle

This entry was posted in Just for Fun and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.