Meet Your New Bloggers: Sasha

Hi Reed,

My name is Sasha. I started working at ResLife this week and am excited to work with this crew of eclectic people. I’m a junior History-Russian Lit major who just returned from six months in St. Petersburg. Last year I lived in the Russian House, and it was one of the best living situations I could ask for. For anyone learning a language at Reed, I highly recommend living in the Language Houses. Living there prepared me for my time in Russia in unexpected ways, like when I learned how to pickle (very important in Russia), or when I learned all the Russian names of countries by playing Russian Risk.

In Russia with my host cat, Simon.

In Russia with my host cat, Simon.

In my free time, I like to watch “Broad City,” bike around, and learn to read tarot cards. My favorite things are: pizza, music that sounds like it would be playing at a high school prom that was DJed by David Lynch, Daniil Kharms, and coffee.

The ladies of “Broad City,” hands down the best comedy on TV right now.

In my (almost) three years at Reed, I’ve edited The Quest for three semesters, worked in the mailroom, DJed at KRRC, and learned how to make a radio story from an NPR correspondent. As a kid I lived in the Midwest and California, but Portland (and Reed) is now my home.

If you have questions about Language Houses, going abroad, or anything housing-related, please ask!

-Sasha

This entry was posted in Just for Fun, Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.