Meet your Resident Directors: Nick!

Front desk worker Carly got the lowdown on Resident Director Nick, the newest member of our Residence Life staff.

nick_interview

Nick at Angel’s Rest just outside of Portland, near Multnomah Falls.

Carly: What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever googled?

Nick: One of the weirdest things I’ve googled is “human being”. The first thing that pops up is a Wikipedia definition and it’s so interesting to look at an encyclopedia definition of human beings.

C: How would you describe your undergraduate experience?

N: Silly would be my response, but silly in a good way. Fun people and fantastic courses.

C: What is your biggest pet peeve?

N: When I know that people are blatantly lying and when I attempt to correct them, but they insist that they are right.

C: Who would direct your biopic?

N: I would have to say Charlie Kaufman. He wrote Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Being John Malkovich, but he made his directorial debut with Synecdoche, New York. They’re all existential, but so good.

C: What is the best advice you’ve ever gotten?

N: The best advice I’ve ever received is to really think about why you’re doing what you’re doing simply because if you don’t know why you’re doing what you’re doing, you probably shouldn’t be doing it.

C: What TV shows have you most recently binge-watched?

N: I just binge watched “House of Cards,” a murder investigation series called “Broadchurch” with David Tennant (known for being the tenth Doctor Who), and “Hannibal.”

C: What is your favorite restaurant in Portland?

N: The Screen Door.

C: What kind of food is it?

N: Soul food.

C: What do you get there?

N: I like to get the fried chicken and sweet potato waffle. The grits…everything…it’s just delicious.

This entry was posted in Did You Know?, Entertainment, Just for Fun. Bookmark the permalink.