Amarone-infused Risotto amidst Valpolicella vineyards. Behind the scenes with a tortellini maker from Valeggio sul Mincio. A simple gelato in beautiful Borghetto. Reed has once again partnered with Orbridge Travel for this exclusive opportunity. This program offers intimate experiences with celebrated Italian makers, producers, and chefs, showcasing age-old methods and ingredients of the Veneto and Emilia Romagna regions’ world-famous wine and cuisine. Make a beautiful, historic Italian wine estate outside Verona your base as you explore the region, visiting Verona’s Roman arena and other ancient sites, and discovering Italy’s cultural connection to farm and table along the way. Touring centuries-old wineries, tasting rare hand-made cheeses, and dining in homes of chefs and producers are just some of the exclusive highlights of this journey.
• Seven nights accommodation at an historic family-owned country retreat amidst a wine- and olive oil-producing estate
• Seven breakfasts, five lunches, and seven dinners incorporating a variety of Northern Italian preparations and ingredients, and—at lunches and dinners—regional wines
• All lessons, presentations, and tastings, as well as excursion transportation and entry fees
• Visits to vineyards and cellars in the famed Valpolicella and Trentino wine regions with exclusive private tastings
• Cheese making demonstration and tasting in the heart of Lessinia and Parma, homes to a delicious variety of Italian cheeses
• A visit to a tortellini producer to learn how to craft tortellini from experts, pasta-making and dessert classes, and a polenta-making demonstration during a visit with a renowned winemaker
• Guided visits to historic sites such as Verona’s famed Roman amphitheater and the Duomo di Parma with frescoes by Correggio
• A special visit near Modena for a tasting of fine and aged Balsamic vinegar—and a convivial meal with the maker
• Regional wines served with included meals
• All gratuities, including guides, drivers, porters, and hotel staff
• Airport transfers for guests arriving and departing on the suggested flights
Accommodations: Borgo San Donino
Within arm’s reach of the rich Veneto and Emilia Romagna producing regions lies Borgo San Donino, a charming farmhouse on the Selva Capuzza wine estate. Stroll its grounds and you might see grape vines being carefully tended by hand or olives ripening for the estate’s own olive oil, just steps away from tables where the harvest is reincarnated in signature wines and local dishes. You might happen upon stone-built remnants from a forgotten time. Or, after a day’s adventures, you might restore your senses amidst the comfortable atmosphere of your apartment—inspired, as you will be, by the gorgeous surroundings.
• In the famed Valpolicella and Trentino wine regions, visit picturesque vineyards, discover local varietals, and enjoy exclusive tastings and presentations.
• While chefs and producers divulge secrets of their crafts, sample the best of Northern Italy’s bounty—from delicious cheeses, salumi, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil, to specialties like spiedini and sweet sbrisolona.
• Take in the area’s layered history, with visits to Verona’s 2,000-year-old Roman arena, contrasting with the magnificent medieval Castelvecchio along the River Adige; and the medieval walled city of Soave.
• Relax: included are all lessons, tastings, excursion transportation, accommodations, meals including seven breakfasts, five lunches, and seven dinners, and more.
Day 1–2: En route from U.S. / Arrive Verona
Day 3: Verona
Day 4: Vallegio sul Mincio / Borghetto / Valpolicella
Day 5: Vallagarina / Lago di Garda
Day 6: Modena / Mantua
Day 7: Lessinia / Soave
Day 8: Sirmione
Day 9: Depart Verona
Optional Extension: Days 9-12 in Venice
• Three nights accommodation at the Pensione Accademia (or similar), with breakfasts each morning
• Train ticket from Desenzano del Garda to Venice accompanied by your Orbridge travel director
• Water taxi transfer to and from your hotel on arrival and departure days
Reduced Alumni Rate:
This program organized and managed by Orbridge Travel in partnership with the Reed College office of alumni & parent relations.
For additional information or to register, contact Orbridge directly by following this link: