Join Professor of Music Virginia Hancock ’62 in this exclusive exploration of the music, architecture, and culture of European cities from Prague to Budapest. Orbridge Travel has organized this tour and is offering exclusive slots to Reed for a limited period.
• Spend two days in Prague prior to your cruise, with sightseeing to Old Town Square to see the medieval Astronomical Clock, St. Vitus Cathedral, Hradcany Castle, and more; plus Orbridge-included excursions to Schönbrunn Palace and to explore an historic district of Prague.
• Cruise in comfort on the Avalon Vista, with onboard lectures, activities, entertainment, expert crew, and added guidance of an Orbridge travel director throughout.
• View Kaiserburg Imperial Castle in Nuremberg, its quaint town center, and local WWII sites. In Regensburg, visit Dom St. Peter, and explore one of Europe’s best-preserved medieval cities.
• Visit spectacular Melk Abbey and Fisherman’s Bastion in Budapest.
• Relax and enjoy the comforts of your ship, including onboard cuisine, with ten breakfasts, six lunches, and seven dinners served with complimentary regional wine and beer.
• Day 1-2: En Route / Arrive in Prague
Day 3-4: Prague
Day 5: Prague / Nuremberg (embarkation)
Day 6: Nuremberg
Day 7: Regensburg
Day 8: Passau / Linz
Day 9: Melk / Vienna
Day 10: Vienna / Schönbrunn Palace
Day 11: Budapest
Day 12: Budapest (disembarkation) / Depart for U.S.
Optional Extension: Days 12-14 in Budapest
• Three nights at the Hilton Prague Hotel & Conference Venue prior to embarkation and seven nights aboard the Avalon Vista
• Full guiding services of a dedicated Orbridge travel director throughout your journey, as well as expert local guides
• Onboard lectures, activities, and nightly entertainment
• Ten breakfasts, six lunches, and seven dinners served with wine and beer—including a welcome banquet and farewell dinner
• Orbridge-included excursions to Schönbrunn Palace and to explore an historic district of Prague
• Guided sightseeing in Prague, Nuremberg, Regensburg, Passau, Melk, Vienna, and Budapest
• Visits to the Astronomical Clock and Hradcany Castle grounds in Prague, the Benedictine Abbey in Melk, and Budapest’s Fishermen’s Bastion
• All gratuities for included excursions
• All port charges, excursion transportation, and entrance fees to included sites
• Airport transfers for guests arriving and departing on the suggested flights
Activity Level: Easy
Activities are generally not very strenuous, but a fair amount of walking can be expected. Different paces are available for each excursion, including a basic orientation of the must-sees with time to explore on your own, the traditional sightseeing following a guide at an average pace, or leisurely exploring, where all the same sites will be visited for a shorter amount of time or from a distance. All activities, included and non-included, are optional.
It is our expectation that guests on this program are able to follow a guide through cobblestone streets at an average pace for two hours and walk up and down stairs without assistance. Historic city centers are usually more accessible by foot than vehicle, and sometimes it is not possible for your motor coach to drop you off at the entrances of hotels and sites. Due to the structure of some buildings, handrails may not be present, and facilities for the disabled may be limited.
This program organized and managed by Orbridge Travel in partnership with the Reed College office of alumni & parent relations.
For additional information or to register, visit the Orbridge overview.
Reduced alumni rate: