Current EVIC Projects
- Bowler, Shaun, Thomas Brunell, Todd Donovan, and Paul Gronke. 2015. “Election Administration and Perceptions of Fair Elections.” Electoral Studies. 38(2015): 1-9.
- Gronke, Paul and Peter Miller. 2012. “Voting by Mail and Turnout in Oregon: Revisiting Southwell and Burchett.” American Politics Research.40(6): 976-997.
- Gronke, Paul, Eva Galanes-Rosenbaum and Peter Miller. 2008. “Convenience Voting.” Annual Review of Political Science. Volume 11: 437-455.
- Gronke, Paul. 2008. “Early Voting Reforms and American Elections.” William and Mary Law Review. 17(2): 423-451.
- Gronke, Paul and Daniel Krantz Toffey. 2008. “The Psychological and Institutional Determinants of Early Voting.” Journal of Social Issues. 64(3): 503-524.
- Gronke, Paul, Eva Galanes-Rosenbaum and Peter Miller. 2007. “Early Voting and Turnout”. PSOnline. 40(4): 639-645.
Books & Chapters
- “Convenience Voting and American Election Law.” (Gronke, Canter 2016, in America Votes! A Guide to Election Law and Voting Rights 2nd Ed, ed Ben Griffith)
- “Voter Confidence as a Metric of Election Performance.” (Gronke 2014, in Measure of American Elections, eds. Burden and Stewart III)
- “Early Voting After Bush v. Gore.” (Gronke 2014, in Election Administration A Decade After Bush v. Gore, eds. Alvarez and Grofman)
- “Early Voting: The Quiet Revolution in American Elections.” (Gronke 2012, in Law and Election Politics: The Rules of the Game, ed Streb)
- “Trust in Government and in Social Institutions.” (Gronke, Hicks, and Cook 2009, in Understanding Public Opinion, eds. Norrander and Wilcox)
- “From Ballot Box to Mail Box: Early Voting and Turnout.” (Gronke, Galanes-Rosenbaum, and Miller 2008, in Democracy in the States: Experiments in Elections Reform, eds. Cain, Tolbert, and Donovan)
- “The Growth of Early and Non-Precinct Place Balloting: When, Why, and Prospects for the Future.” (Gronke, Galanes-Rosenbaum 2008, in America Votes! A Guide to Election Law and Voting Rights, ed Griffith)
- “The Electorate, the Campaign, and the Office: Settings, Campaigns, Institutions, and the Vote: A Unified Approach to House and Senate Elections.” (Gronke 2000, Ann Arbor, MI: University of Michigan Press)
Working Papers, Presentations, & Reports
- Happy Birthday, You Get To Vote! Seljan, Gronke, and Yancheff. 2019. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Political Science Association
- Who Votes with Automatic Voter Registration? Impact Analysis of Oregon’s First-In-The-Nation Program (Gronke, Griffin, Wang, and Kennedy 2017) – Report prepared for the Center for American Progress, Washington D.C.
- Early Voting in Florida (Gronke and Stewart) – Paper prepared for the Midwest Political Science Association conference, Chicago.
- Early Voting in Florida (Gronke, Bishin, Stevens, and Galanes-Rosenbaum 2005) – Paper prepared for the Annual Conference of the American Political Science Association, Washington DC.
- Ballot Integrity under Oregon’s Vote by Mail System (2005) – Report prepared for the Commission on Federal Election Reform, Washington DC.
- Powerpoint presentation for Summer Research Grant (Gronke and Rabiroff)
- Early Voting Reforms and American Elections (Gronke 2004) – Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Political Science Association.