Check out this piece on some distressingly bad portrayals of the Southern accent in entertainment. The part I like the best is that, for comparison, a native speaker is presented in a video at the bottom right. Could be fun to do an acoustic analysis of these actors’ dialect work to see just how they match up with native speakers, huh?
- Michigan Humanities Emerging Research Scholars (MICHHERS) program
- CLBR Senior Resources
- AEON – Teach English in Japan – Seattle Interview
- Talk @ Reed: Preschoolers’ Curiosity about Novel Words
- Reed Institutional Review Board (IRB) Open Forum on Friday, September 14th
- Job @ interActive Language Processing Lab, Stanford
- Arabic Language & Culture at Jordan Language Academy
- Reed Ling Softball Team!
- CWSL Conference
- 3 post-bac research positions at U of Maryland
Get Notified about New Posts