Experience SBU’s Russian Cultural Studies Program with Internship in St. Petersburg – Russia’s cultural center since its creation by Peter the Great in the early 18th Century. This program, founded by SBU Professor of Linguistics John Bailyn, is housed at St. Petersburg State University, Russia’s oldest university. The Explore St. Petersburg! program features an extensive cultural program and students become familiar with the city through excursions, films, lectures, and other events. Participants attend courses in cultural and media studies at an international summer school where they interact with students from throughout Russia and Europe. Participants will additionally complete an internship where they will participate in volunteer activities or assist Russian students in conversational English practice. Students on this program earn 3 to 9 credits; they can fulfill general education as well as some upper-division and major/minor requirements.
- Program Dates: July 9-August 7, 2016
- Extensive, interactive cultural program
- Dedicated “Russia Today” course
- Interdisciplinary curriculum designed to accommodate a wide range of academic needs and interests
- Study and live with students from overseas who are also participating in the international summer school
Further details are available on the Stony Brook summer study abroad page.
Application deadline is March 15, 2016!
*Late applications possible (until April 1) if space remains*
CLICK HERE TO APPLY