LBJ, Austin, and the Hill Country of Texas

I am leading a Reed alumni trip, along with Michael Teskey, to the Hill Country of Texas to look at wildflowers and try to understand one of the most fascinating and complex figures of America’s 20th century, Lyndon Baines Johnson. Because our alumni do not have access to the Moodle system, this posting is a way for us to chat about the trip prior to departure.

This entry was posted in Faculty, Paul Gronke. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to LBJ, Austin, and the Hill Country of Texas

1. Peggy Mendelson says:

Just to let you know I have been struggling all day with the articles. My computer or your articles or something is causing a big log jam. Some download blank. Some I have been able to read. It is okay because my ancient non-academic brain will only focus so much. I just wanted to let you know I will be most unprepared. I did not realize that so much preparation would be suggested. Also because the pages are black I can’t print them without using up all my ink. At a time like this a tablet would be nice to carry the articles with me. But because I can’t print them, I am tether to the PC. Next time, a tablet. then I could read while I wait so many places. I am looking forward to our trip.

• Paul Gronke says:

Peggy
      These are PDFs so you should be able to download and read them on a tablet. Regardless, the readings are just suggestions.