Meet Your New Bloggers: Ruth

Hello there!

My name is Ruth, and I am a freshman student living on-campus. As the newest addition to the Residence Life team, I am just learning the ropes around here, but I hope to be able to help you in any way possible. I would especially like to extend my hand to freshmen and incoming students who are just learning how Reed works. Having recently gone through the process myself, I understand which things can be confusing…

Taken at a photobooth in Portland last month to celebrate how amazing 2014 is going to be.

My prospective major at Reed is Religion with a focus on Abrahamic religions. I am intensely interested in religious texts and what kind of impact they have on people from the individual, psychological level to the wider sociological level.

In my free time, I jump at any chance to do arts & crafts and all things DIY. I like to paint watercolor & ink illustrations, hand-make cards to brighten up people’s days, take photographs, cross-stitch, sew, cook, bake, garden, build, and just about anything that lets me get my hands dirty.

Getting glitter & glue all over myself as usual.

I am also a passionate native Oregonian with pine sap in my blood and salty ocean air in my lungs. Oregon has every kind of geography you need to explore the beautiful outdoors: a breathtaking coastline, an impressive volcanic mountain range, a lush, lovely valley, and a high desert! Whether you want to hike, climb, ski, surf, sail, canoe, or cycle, you can do it without going far. If you have any questions about fun trips to take around our amazing Pacific Northwest, I would love to help!

Me & my best friend of twelve years.

Me & my best friend of twelve years.

It has been lovely to meet you. Have a beautiful spring!

-Ruth

This entry was posted in Just for Fun and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.