Columbia Grangerâ€™s World of Poetry is designed to be a one-stop reference for all poetry-related research and learning.Â It features 450,000 poem citations, 250,000 of which are full text, users can browse by poem, poet, commentaries, and glossary terms.Â Users can also search by era, school or movement of poetry,
nationality, language, cultural identity, and gender.
Please send comments to:
Give it a try!
Reed College Library is offering trial access to the Research in Dance Education database through December 16th.Â Research in Dance Education is an index to research and literature in dance education written from 1926 to the present.Â If you try use it, do let us know what you think.Â Provide feedback to:
Give it a try!
Reed College Library is offering trial access to Passport GMID through the end of November.Â Passport GMID provides access to business and economic statistics, market reports, consumer trend information from around the world.Â If you try use it, do let us know what you think.Â Provide feedback to:
Director of Reference & Instruction
Electronic Resources Librarian
Give it a try!
Shakespeare Survey is a yearbook of Shakespeare studies and production. Each volume is devoted to a theme, or play, or group of plays; each also contains a section of reviews of the previous year’s textual and critical studies and of major British performances. The books are illustrated with a variety of Shakespearean images and production photographs.
Try the Shakespeare Survey now and let us know what you think!
Trial runs through Oct. 31, 2008. Contact Jack Levine with any questions or comments.
The library is providing a trial subscription to Psychiatry Online published by American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc.Â The trial concludes Sept. 11, 2008.
The primary publications available on the site include the DSM-IV-TRÂ®, DSM-IV-TRÂ® Handbook of Differential Diagnosis and DSM Cases.
Also included are the full text articles from these journals:
- American Journal of Psychiatry 1 Jul 1844 – 1 Aug 2008
- Psychiatric Services 1 Jan 1950 – 1 Aug 2008
- Academic Psychiatry 1 Mar 1989 – 1 Jul 2008
- Neuropsychiatry & ClinicalÂ Neurosciences 1 Feb 1989 – 1 May 2008
- Psychosomatics 1 Jan 1960 – 1 Jul 2008
- Psychiatric News 5 Jan 2001 – 15 Aug 2008
And the full text for these textbooks:
- The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Psychiatry, 5th Edition –Â Edited by Robert E. Hales, M.D., M.B.A., Stuart C. Yudofsky, M.D., and Glen O. Gabbard, M.D.
- Gabbard’s Treatments of Psychiatric Disorders, 4th Edition — Glen O. Gabbard, M.D., Editor-in-Chief
- The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Substance Abuse Treatment, 4th Edition — Edited by Marc Galanter, M.D., and Herbert D. Kleber, M.D.
- Manual of Clinical Psychopharmacology, Sixth Edition — Alan F. Schatzberg, M.D., Jonathan O. Cole, M.D., and Charles DeBattista, D.M.H., M.D.
- Essentials of Clinical Psychopharmacology, Second EditionÂ — Edited by Alan F. Schatzberg, M.D., and Charles B. Nemeroff, M.D., Ph.D.
- What Your Patients Need to Know About Psychiatric Medications — Robert E. Hales, M.D., M.B.A., Stuart C. Yudofsky, M.D., and Robert H. Chew, Pharm.D.
Please have a look at Psychiatry Online <psychiatryonline.com>.
Jennie McKee has a pdf of the user guide.Â Please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy if you would one. Contact Jennie McKee by email or at x7752 with your observations about this resource and if you think that the library should start a subscription.