Starting in summer 2019, the Reed blogs has a new page editor, which is installed with the new version of WordPress 5.0. New posts will be using this “modern” editor, which looks quite a bit different than the previous page editor. Hopefully these tips will help you with this version of the editor, after you have set up your WordPress blog.
- Adding and editing posts
- Adding images
- Changing the default category for your posts
- Displaying an excerpt of your post to display on your homepage
- Embed YouTube videos
- Embedding multimedia content into a WordPress post from Ensemble, part one
- Embedding multimedia content into a WordPress post from Ensemble, part two
- Featured Image
- Linking to websites or blog posts
- Modifying or adding html code for embedding external content
- Text formatting options
After you have mastered these tips, go on to the advanced wordpress tips!