Sometimes this blog just writes itself.
Today I found this link in my inbox: “5 Reasons You (And Everyone Else) Are Having a Hard Time Meditating” (Trike Daily, 12 Jan 2018). So, rather than draw this out, just follow my link and see for yourself what these folks imagined might be getting in your way.
Reluctant to open another tab on your web browser? I get that feeling a lot. Here’s their list of 5 reasons plus one more that I thought up all by myself. But why dwell on the obstacles? Go to their site and see what you can do about these things. Happy meditating!
- How do I find time to meditate?
- Will people think I’m weird?
- Meditation could bring up too many painful emotions.
- Meditation could make me too soft.
- Something else is my meditation.
- (Alan’s favorite) I meant to meditate, but I forgot. =)
2 Feb 2018 update: I should add that the link sends you to a book review for “Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics” by Dan Harris. Robin sent me an interview with the book’s author, Dan Harris. Read the highlights or listen to the interview (7 min) at “‘Meditation For Fidgety Skeptics’ Offers Practical Advice For Stressed-Out Cynics” (NPR Morning Edition, 4 Jan 2018)